10 best free libreoffice plugins and extensions picked for you to customize your office software suit as per your requirements. All the plugins will be a great help to speed up your workflow.
LibreOffice is a free powerful open source office suite its clean interface and amazing feature tools help you unleash your creativity and enhance your productivity. Previously, Microsoft Office was first place, then nothing came for long, and up the back seats were office Suites like StarOffice.
StarOffice, known briefly as Oracle Open Office before being discontinued in 2011, was a proprietary office suite. It originated in 1985 as StarWriter by Star Division, which was acquired by Sun Microsystems in 1999. Sun Microsystems, in turn, was acquired by Oracle Corporation in 2010.Wikipedia
LibreOffice includes several applications that make it the most powerful Free and Open Source office suite on the market. Comparatively LibreOffice, is also becoming famous because of the less computing power consumed as the bloated versions the Microsoft Office.
Top Best LibreOffice Plugins with summary and link:
- PDF, Export and Send – is a small extension for LibreOffice and OpenOffice which combines two regular functions in one.
- MultiSave – Save a document simultaneously into OpenDocument and/or MS-Office and/or PDF formats.
- CADLO – Such as, the Draw module of LibreOffice / OpenOffice.org makes it possible to make technical drawing. CADLO adds some functions that one can find in other CAD.
- Parabolic Color Palette – Provides Parabolic HSV Color Palettes, that emphasize on bright and pastel colors.
- Code Highlighter – This extension highlights the code snippets over 350 languages in LibreOffice.
- Zotero – LibreOffice Integration makes it possible to insert citations and bibliography entries into LibreOffice Writer documents in thousands of different bibliography styles.
- Napoli – writer lo a simple light template for Libreoffice Writer.
- TexMaths – TexMaths, a LaTeX equation editor for LibreOffice.
- Dmaths – Universal toolbox for documents with mathematical content.
- Writer2ePub – Writer2ePub (W2E) is an extension for OpenOffice.org or LibreOffice which allows you to create an ePub file from any file format that Writer can read.
To install an extension, follow these steps:
- Download an extension and save it anywhere on your computer.
- In LibreOffice, select Tools –> Extension Manager from the menu bar.
- In the Extension Manager dialog click Add.
- A file browser window opens. Navigate to the folder where you saved the LibreOffice extension file(s) on your system. The extension’s files have the file extension ‘OXT’.
- Find and select the extension you want to install and click Open.
- If this extension is already installed, you’ll be prompted to press OK to confirm whether to overwrite the current version by the new one, or press Cancel to stop the installation.
- After you are asked whether to install the extension only for your user or for all users. If you choose the Only for me option, the extension will be installed only for your user. If you choose For all users, you need system administrator rights. In this case the extension will be available for all users. In general, choose Only for me, that doesn’t require administration rights on the operating system.